Monday, June 21, 2010

Tomorrows Planned Run

Tomorrows planned run is only 2 miles, supposed to be a 12 min pace again, but there is no way I am running that slow. I still have about 2 or 3 weeks until I start my tempo and speed runs, I think I am looking forward to those the most. I think that they will be the most fun, reminding me the most of running in high school. I may have to find a real track to run then on to make the distances easier, but if I win the watch (Garmin 405CX) on ebay then that won't be a problem.

Speaking of running and high school I ran on a track not too long ago, actually it was on my last attempt to working out and running about 3 months ago. I forgot how much I have missed running on a track, I missed the smell, it was so comforting to me, so familiar. I still have my spikes from high school, they don't fit me anymore but I just can't throw them away. I would love to run hurdles again, although right now I don't know if I could do it, it is sad because of how natural it came to me back then. The sad part to me is how I just stopped doing what I loved because of my pride and trying to make a point to a coach who yelled at me, I was stubborn then and I am stubborn still. I never would have walked out mid season if I could go back and do it all again.

Excited for my run tomorrow, its nice having something to look forward to at 5 am, since there is really nothing else exciting about 5 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment