So let's start with the background, I am not a distance runner and never have been. I lettered in track in high school with hurdling, and I absolutely loved it, I still miss it almost daily. I used to think that it defined me, it was all I wanted to do. I didn't go to College, joined the Air Force and moved to another country. I still ran when enforced, and whenever I thought I was getting fat.
So here I am two years out of the military and two children later, picking up running again to rid any physical evidence that I have children (just by looking at me anyways.) I have lost most of the weight and now just really want to keep it off, tone up some more, and be able to walk a flight of stairs and not get winded. I got this crazy idea to help motivate me that I was going to run a half marathon, I figured it would be awesome and keep me on track at the same time. We will see if I can get either of those out of this.
I started running actually about six months ago, but then I got side tracked for about two months while I studying and testing for my CISSP, which I could write another entire blog about with my frustrations and eventually my success. So last week I found out I was done and passed my test so I lost my scapegoat for staying out of the gym and running. I decided to take it easy, did 3 miles my first day, 1.5 my second, and finished with a 2.8. I wasn't trying to impress anyone; however cardio trainer leaves me unable to completely suck at a run because it posts my times and I know people are going to pick on me. Which is fine when it is my friends that run picking on me, but they tend to be the supportive ones and the ones who have no room to talk are the shit talkers.
So now that I brought you up to speed on some of why this has come to be, I will try to keep this blog up to date, unlike my weight loss blog that consisted of one post.
No comments:
Post a Comment