I would like to pretend that I am sticking to my training plan, but really I just only felt like running 2 miles this morning. I was supposed to run at a 12 mile pace, but for two miles that is way too slow. This morning I had a little bit later of a start being that it is the weekend, and I was up until like 12 last night.
There were about 10 people that I passed, and the later I run the more I notice that it is a different set of people out there. At 5 am I am running past the "runners" at 645 its the people I usually drive by when I am running late for work. There are a few that look like they are in great shape physically, yes I check people out when I am running, but for the most part I am passing the walkers. The walkers usually travel in pairs, although this morning there were about 6 walking alone. The walkers smile or nod at me, but its not the same look in their expressions as the runners. Bikers are the worst though, its like they don't want to smile or nod, but you catch them looking at you so they feel obligated.
I felt like one lady wanted to give me a high five this morning, I passed her twice, I also passed a guy power walking twice, and a mother and her daughter. The daughter smiled the mom looked at me like she didn't want to share the sidewalk, so I passed them in the grass. I did notice that there must be some unwritten rule or a sign posted somewhere that says which way you are supposed to go around the loop, I apparently did not get that memo because I was the only one who took a right onto the loop instead of a left.
There is a reason to my madness and why I go left, I turned around three quarters of the way home once and realized that the very beginning of my run felt like all uphill when I came back through it. To remedy this I found ways to add mileage by adding roads in verses turning around, and adding more hills. I tried to start out a little slower today, because I had been running hard at first, all running slow did was make me realize just how much my calves really were tight. I hate my calves, they were tight half the run, and when I look down at them all I see is how huge they are. I am not saying that I want chicken legs, but I have some seriously large legs, even when I weighed 105 my legs were larger then the rest of me. I found that no matter what I do they never get smaller and Brusters for breakfast after running doesn't help either.
No comments:
Post a Comment