Sunday, July 18, 2010

Should be doing homework...

I haven't updated this thing in a few and I have made a lot of really big strides in the right directions. On Saturday the 17th I ran my first 6 miles! I finished in 66 mins, so I am very proud of the fact that I finished and also that last week it took me 63 mins to run 5 miles. Needless to say I am improving and it feels great.

This morning I am a little sore, my hip flexors or just my upper thigh muscles hurt I can't really tell where the pain is. Like I said though, it really is just a minor annoyance and I am sure there will be more to come. The part of the run that amazed me the most was just how easy it felt. I really didn't start to struggle until the last mile or so. I need to dig out my camelbak or store some coolers somewhere, going the whole 6 miles with no drinks was rough and probably most of the reason that I got so tired at the end.

I had my first tempo, it was rough, I have my first speed this week. I think I am going to try to do the speed out on a track to make it easier to measure out. I also have my first 7 on Sunday, I can't wait that will be over half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment