Monday, July 26, 2010

Second 6

So I completed another 6 mile run, this one didn't feel as good as the one last week. I think that maybe the speed runs this week made my muscles sore, along with getting a later start and running in heat. I tried drinking some gatorade on my run, but still felt the onset on heat exhaustion. Getting chills, and goosebumps when running then looking down at the ground that now has the appearance that it is breathing is not fun. I had to stop and walk.

I am supposed to run 2 miles tomorrow, but I may have to skip it. Tonight my son decided to blind side me with a sippy cup to the side of the face. I really thought/think that I may have a fracture, so running may not be possible due to the additional pain it would cause. We will see how I feel when I wake up.

I am really happy at my progress so far, I still have some bad days where I struggle the whole way through. I have been able to keep a steady pace for the most part, still need to work on maintaining a faster pace, I tend to over do it. I have been trying out a lot of different clothing brands and styles trying to find what works for me. I wish I had a 6 pack so I didn't have to worry and could wear a sports bra and go, or thinner thighs so that I could wear shorts and not have to worry. Maybe someday! As soon as this half marathon is over I need to get my hernia repaired, I feel like sometimes it is one of the factors against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment