Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Can I dual blog?  Hmmm I haven't been able to really keep a single blog beating a heart for very long but when I glanced back this one sure had some hope.  Hope is what I need right now, I haven't been running and I need the kick in the ass to not only start but stick with it when I start back up.  My friend Erin and I had started running a little while back and then I went on vacation and when I got back that was it, our 2 month of progress was gone as fast as it was thought of.  We talked today and said we are starting again, but this is the second time we have said this to each other.  I thought that maybe just maybe *even though no one reads this or knows this is here* posting about the reinvention of my runner self would hold me accountable.
So here goes it.  This week I will run, I will run one time this week.  I will get my shoes on and I will go for a mile without stopping.  I am sad that I used to be at the place where I enjoyed running and it was starting to seem easier and enjoyable and I have long lost that place.  I want to be there again, but from here to there is a lot of sweat, a lot of tears, and a lot of pain.  I will be there again, I will call myself a runner again.  I am training right now in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu *BJJ* it is amazing and I love it.  I love it for sure more than I have ever loved running.  I need running though, running is what will help condition me to become a better athlete.  Running can help me lose the couple pounds that I just cannot shed (and by couple I may mean like 20, its cool) judge away.

So dual blogging, a thought.  Running in slow motion could be staying or going, I do not know yet for sure.  I do not know if there will be something else more centered around all of my adult life.  Running, friends, BJJ.  I guess Running in Slow Motion can mean enough to cover whatever I want so we will see where we end up.  For now, Running in Slow Motion is mine, and Life in the Fast lane is my family.  I am always running in slow motion, I am just a tortoise when it comes to distance.

Good night world.  This week I will run again, and it will be so slow.  Slow motion running is my forte, I am the queen of running in slow motion.  I feel like hitting the wall within the first few minutes of a slow jog.  Ok, so I am not that horrible but you get the point.  1. Two blogs, 2. Starting running again this week. 3. Laughing at myself for how awful a runner I am. 4. No more excuses on why I am not running. 5.  Just felt like five was a good count.




No comments:

Post a Comment